Canadian Woodlands Forum - Job Opening for Administrative Coordinator
Keeping Woodlands Operations Informed and Connected
Location: Truro, Nova Scotia
The Canadian Woodlands Forum is a membership-based forest industry organization recognized for its commitment to improving the efficiency and profitability of woodlands operations, through an ongoing commitment to sharing knowledge of best practices and technology innovations.
As one of the only forest industry organizations providing a network for ‘on the ground’ forestry personnel, the Canadian Woodlands Forum is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual to coordinate membership, conference and administrative support services in order to effectively deliver the programs, activities and services offered to members of the Canadian Woodlands Forum in the Atlantic Region.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will provide organizational support for all activities including the following duties:
· Coordinate and organize CWF meetings, conferences and activities as directed by the Executive Director, including registration, meeting logistics, hotel site selection, food and beverage functions;
· Coordinate the day to day administrative tasks and procedures which is a key component of the position (e.g. accounting, banking & bank reconciliations, book keeping, payables/receivables, record keeping, tracking and reporting, mailings);
· Provide support in the development, promotion and coordination of CWF programs, services and continuing education workshops and seminars;
· Maintain the CWF membership data base through Wild Apricot membership software and coordinate the membership renewal, and recruitment processes;
· Provide support in developing membership services i.e. electronic newsletter and print materials, and in servicing membership requests;
· Manage the CWF web-based communications and update the website (and/or assists the web-master) to ensure it is up to date and serves membership needs.
As the ideal candidate, you can work independently to prioritize and complete assigned tasks and have the ability to organize multi-tasks. You demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills in English, (French considered an asset) along with superior interpersonal skills, discretion and diplomacy when dealing with members and suppliers of products or services. You have the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and exercise judgement to solve problems and make decisions. You enjoy a flexible working environment and are willing and able to travel to deliver conferences and workshops. Based on your work experience, you have a high level of knowledge and proficiency with software such as Microsoft Office, as well as with Microsoft Access software or similar database-type management systems. You also have knowledge of general bookkeeping principles & procedures with working-experience of Sage 50 software or similar accounting software.
This is a full-time contract position
If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.