Click here to see our winners of the 2020 Atlantic Outstanding Forestry Contractor of the Year awards
About the Program
outstanding forestry contractor
HELP US SELECT THE NEXT OUTSTANDING
LOGGING CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR!
NEW in 2020!
Recognizing the significant role that forest trucking contractors play in today’s successful woodlands operations, the CWF, on a pilot basis is expanding the award to include full time forest trucking contractors.
Click the pdf file below to view and print the nominating information and form.
Please help the Canadian Woodlands Forum recognize and support our professional logging contractors by nominating your worthy candidate for the 2020 Award.
- All logging contractors involved in the cutting and handling of wood and/or the transport from the stump to roadside (cut and/or move a minimum of 5,000 m of round wood annually; this includes manual and/or mechanical operations) can be nominated.
- Nominees must have business insurance, be in good standing with WCB; meet all regulatory requirements; work with landowners and companies; practice good utilization and optimization; keep their equipment well maintained; and works & supports their local community and industry associations.
- An engraved plaque, prestigious peavey, cash prizes, company profiles in regional and national trade magazines, complimentary registration at CWF spring meeting, one year complimentary membership.
- The deadline for nominations has been extended to January 31, 2020.
- To nominate a contractor, complete the attached form along with your nomination letter outlining why your candidate should be considered for the award. Please ensure that you highlight your candidates approach in running their business including some examples of their ingenuity, process improvement, innovation and outstanding achievements.
- Please consider submitting letters of reference, pictures, articles and other supporting documentation in support of the nomination letter.
- Nominations will be accepted from forest product companies, suppliers, provincial governments, or woodlot organizations.
- Member companies may incorporate their own respective award recipients as a nomination for the award.
- Nominations will be evaluated and judged by the CWF.
- Awards will be presented at a CWF meeting held in the spring of every year.
- The evaluation team will select the top candidates from the nomination packages received by the deadline. One regional winner will then be selected by an on-the-ground inspection visit of the top candidates. Criteria for the field visit will be based on safety, forest management, timber harvesting, business management & supporting documentation.